Today I'm going to start slowly shifting assets into gold and oil. I'm going to do this by selling some of my other equity positions, even at a loss in the current poor market.
I recommend you consider doing the same. You will lose money in the sale, but they will begin making money in these alternative asset classes immediately.
Some things to consider:
- Dollar is hitting its record weakest, versus Euro, Yen, and others
- The Fed is going to keep making it worse, by easing monetary policy
- The temporary market rallies are not sticking
- Gold has hit $1,000 in overnight trading, it's past that psychological barrier
- Gold can get to $2,000 easily, in inflation-adjusted dollars it was there in the 1980's
- The $25B VISA IPO could potentially flop disasterously
- Potential continued financial markets failures could precipitate a more rapid fleet to gold/oil
Background articles --
* Bloomberg: Gold Rises to Record on Demand for a Haven
* Businessweek: Gas prices jump, oil hits $110
* Bloomberg: Dollar Falls to 12-Year Low of 100 Yen